Home The Club

SEASON 2019-20

Match Reports

Tuesday 24th September 2019

London Senior Cup

Terrors  5 – 2   Fisher

Tooting progressed into the next round of the London Senior Cup in what was a very entertaining tie against a spirited Fisher side. The Terrors opened the scoring in the 5th minute with a well worked move which saw Jamarie Brissett on the end of it. It

took the visitors only four minutes to equalise when they were awarded a penalty after one of their players was brought down in the area Isaac Nkosi fired home the resultant spot kick although James Shaw got near to it. In the 27th minute we went

back in front David Castanho playing in Nebay Haile who scored with aplomb. Seven minutes later Nebay Haile made it 3-1 with another clinical finish.

Half time :   Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC   3 – 1   Fisher FC

Early in the second half Fisher reduced the arrears again when Jamie Yila headed home from a free-kick. Alex Filipe replied with a stinging drive which flashed just wide and Diadier Camara saw a long-range effort well saved by Christian Villanucci as Tooting pressed. Four minutes from time United made the game safe when a Dontai Stewart free-kick was parried by the keeper and Junior Timite following up knocked the loose ball home. With the last action of the match David Castanho received a short corner ghosted past a couple of defenders and fired in a superb low drive to complete the scoring. Outstanding for the visitors was wide man Billy Brown.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC : James Shaw, Jamarie Brissett, Alex Filipe, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Ahkeem Belford, Nadean Fosu(Murray Gibb), Kyrique Garvey-Williams(Diadier Camara), David Castanho, Omari Hibbert, Dontai Stewart, Nebay

Haile(Junior Timite). Unused Subs : George Ademiluyi, Pedro De Brito Moco.

Match Report by Ian Bullock

Saturday 28th September 2019

FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round

Terrors  0-2  Poole Town

Tooting suffered their first defeat of the season against a well organised Poole Town side in a hard-fought FA Cup-tie. The Terrors enjoyed the better of the early stages with Danny Bassett firing over. The visitors opened the scoring with their real first attack in the 13th minute when Marvin Brooks side-footed home a Luke Holmes cross. Three minutes later Town went close again when Will Spetch smashed a free-kick against the United woodwork.

In the 34th minute the Dolphins were reduced to ten men when Luke Holmes received a straight red card for a hefty challenge on Nathan Daly. Tooting then saw a Daryl Coleman special just miss the target and Razzaq  Coleman forced a save from Town keeper Luke Cairney after a good run.

Half time :   Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC   0 – 1   Poole Town FC

In the early part of the second half the Terrors carved out a couple of good openings with Omari Hibbert firing wide from close range and then David Castanho found himself one-on-one with the keeper but his effort was well saved. In the 75th minute substitute Nebay Haile had a free header but directed it wide. Poole secured their victory in the 84th minute when Oliver Dennett netted from point-blank range following on from a free-kick to send the Dorset side into the 4th qualifying round and break Tooting hearts.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd : James Shaw, George Ademiluyi(Omari Hibbert), Dean Hamlin, Sol Patterson-Bohner, Nathan Daly, Razzaq Coleman, Dominic Morgan-Griffiths, David Castanho, Danny Bassett, Daryl Coleman(Isaac Sarpong), Hady Ghandour(Nebay Haile). Unused Subs : Akeem Belford, Morgan Campbell, Junior Timite, Dontai Stewart.

    Match Report by Ian Bullock

Tuesday 15th October 2019

Surrey Senior Cup

Terrors  1-2  Frimley Green

The Terrors slipped to a shock defeat in the County Cup to a resolute Frimley Green side who rode their luck in the second half, with Tooting having hit the crossbar three times. Although credit to the visitors who took it all on the chin and came back with a

counter punch of their own by scoring two late goals.

It was Tooting who went close in the 13th minute when Shamal Edwards burst into the area but the keeper saved bravely at his feet and Sean Fallon also made a fine stop from a fierce Alex Filipe free-kick three minutes later. Frimley created some

good openings of their own midway through the half when the dangerous Nathan Thomas had a fine effort saved by James Shaw’s feet and seconds later only a last-ditch tackle by George Ademiluyi stopped Thomas from scoring. In the 35th minute

Roberto Dos Santos saw his long-range strike tipped over by James Shaw. United took the lead in the 36th minute when Shamal Edwards found himself in the clear and continued onto score with a powerful low cross shot.

Half Time :   Tooting & Mitcham United   1 – 0   Frimley Green  0

The first action of the second half saw Roberto Dos Santos have a golden opportunity to equalise for the away team but he blasted over. A minute later Hady Ghandour went on a superb run and his goal-bound strike rattled the underside of

the crossbar and bounced out. In the 50th minute Shamal Edwards was through on goal but the keeper palmed away his effort. On the hour Hady Ghandour hit the woodwork for a second time and shortly after Ahkeem Belford powered a header

wide from a corner. It was one-way traffic and we hit the crossbar for the third time eight minutes from time the unlucky player this time  Alex Filipe. Frimley Green however stood firm and from no where they drew level three minutes from time when

Dan Bone got on the end of a free-kick to score.

In the 90th minute Antonio Simeone was shown a straight red card for a mistimed challenge. It was then the visitors turn to hit the woodwork when a Jack Collins free-kick crashed against the post. As the game went into stoppage time and penalties looking likely the visitors won it when a long throw found its way to Nathan Thomas at the far post who volleyed home.

Summing up a night of high drama in what was a very entertaining encounter with the Terrors cursing their luck but well done to Frimley Green.

Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC : James Shaw, George Ademiluyi, Ajani Domingo-Carrington, Antonio Simeone, Ahkeem Belford, Alex Filipe, David Castanho(Danny Bassett), Hady Ghandour, Shamal Edwards(Enea Zouka), Isaac Sarpong(Diadier Camara), Kadeem Ajeon. Unused subs : Shkelqim Sadiku, Serg Zamara.

      Match Report by Ian Bullock

Saturday 26th October 2019

FA Trophy 2nd Qualifying Round

Sittingbourne  0-1  Terrors

Tooting created what few chances there were in an absorbent, rather than absorbing, game played mainly in driving rain. With both sets of noisy fans good humourdly crammed together under one tiny cover behind the goal there was little for either to sing about in the fist period, apart from one Terrors effort in the 9th minute that was turned around a post for a corner.

Terrors were without several regulars and with the home defence looking solid it was going to take something special to unlock the door. However, with a quarter of an hour to go Didier Camara delivered just that with a defence splitting pass into the path of Razzaq Coleman who expertly buried the ball low into the corner of the net.

Sittingbourne had not even remotely looked like scoring until injury time when James Shaw spilled a goalbound cross. Fortunately the linesmans flag spared his blushes.

Team: Shaw, Brissett(French), R Coleman, Hamlin, D Coleman(Ademiluyi), Belford, Morgan-Griffiths, Camara, Castanho(Stewart), Bassett, Ghandour, Unused subs; Garvey-Williams, Haile, Campbell(GK), Filipe

Saturday 26th October 2019

FA Trophy 2nd Qualifying Round

Margate  0-4  Terrors

Tooting blew the Gate off its hinges with a performance that ranks among their best of recent seasons.  

The home side dominated possession for the first half hour, only troubling Shaw once with a free kick that he tipped over the bar. Things started to warm up when Terrors eventually moved forward. First Danny Bassett span and shot over from close range immediately followed by a Razzaq Coleman effort that skidded just wide. The impressive Abdelah Sahnoun combined skillfully with Cathanho to carve out a shot for Didi that was diverted for a corner from which Connor French headed just over.

Play switched to the other end forcing Shaw to make a fine diving save to deny Reeves, but it was another long range effort, this time a grasscutter (or should that be plastic cutter) from Danny Bassett that evaded the outretched arm of Holloway to make it 1-0.

Half Time:  Margate 0-1 Terrors

Margate clearly needed a new approach but any second half strategy was shot down within three minutes of the restart when Bassett tapped home a low goalline cross from Castanho.

Margate never seriously threatened the superbly disciplined defence and throughout rhe second half Toots launched regular raids, the best forcing another fine save by Holloway from the ever dangerous Coleman. The win was sealed in the 65th minute when Sahnoun placed an immaculate delivery into the path of Castanho directly in from of Holloway, whom he calmly strolled around before planting the ball in the net amongst a swarm of desperately diving defenders.

Two minutes before the end an unmarked Coleman connected with a right wing cross at the back post to make it four. Razzaq could have had another moments later when Holloway thwarted yet another of his wing raids.

A truly memorable performance against higher league opposition, marred only by that bloody pink monstrosity of a kit!.


Team: Shaw, Hamlin, Patterson-Bohner, Daly, Belford, Morgan-Griffiths, Castanho(Stewart), Bassett, French(Ghandour), Sahnoun(Timite), R Coleman.  Not used: Ademiluyi, Ajeon, Garvey-Williams, Filipe